Moshe (Moses) said to the people, “Don’t be afraid. Stand still, and see the SALVATION (H3444) of YHWH, which he will work for you today: for the Mitzrim (Egyptians) whom you have seen today, you shall never see them again. Sh’mot/Exodus 14:13
I saw this Scripture in a different light then I had before. I started looking at other references to the word Salvation (as the word H3444) in the Tanakh (OT). Here are some of those:
Say you, Save us, Elohim of our SALVATION (H3444), Gather us together and deliver us from the nations, To give thanks to your holy name, To triumph in your praise. Divrei-HaYamim Alef/1 Chronicles 16:35
You shall not need to fight in this [battle]: set yourselves, stand you still, and see the SALVATION (H3444) of YHWH with you, O Yehudah (Joshua) and Yerushalayim (Jerusalem); don’t be afraid, nor be dismayed: tomorrow go out against them: for YHWH is with you. Divrei-HaYamim Bet/2 Chronicles 20:17
This also shall be my SALVATION (H3444), That a godless man shall not come before him. Iyov/Job 13:16
The book of Psalms uses the word SALVATION 20 times … I will not list them all, this would be a good study.
SALVATION (H3444) belongs to YHWH. Your blessing be on your people. Selah.
SALVATION (H3444) is far from the wicked, For they don’t seek your statutes.
The book of Isaiah lists the word SALVATION 18 times.
YHWH, be gracious to us; we have waited for you: be our arm every morning, our SALVATION (H3444) also in the time of trouble.
Thus says YHWH, In an acceptable time have I answered you, and in a day of SALVATION (H3444) have I helped you; and I will preserve you, and give you for a covenant of the people, to raise up the land, to make them inherit the desolate heritage: Yesha’yahu 49:8
We roar all like bears, and moan sore like doves: we look for justice, but there is none; for SALVATION (H3444), but it is far off from us. Yesha’yahu 59:11
Violence shall no more be heard in your land, desolation nor destruction within your borders; but you shall call your walls SALVATION (H3444), and your gates Praise. Yesha’yahu 60:18
There are many more references to the word SALVATION (H3444) throughout the rest of the Prophets in the Tanakh. The next is from the New Testament, this is where it gets more interesting.
69 And has raised up a horn of SALVATION for us in the house of his servant David,
70 (As he spoke by the mouth of his holy prophets who have been from of old),
71 SALVATION from our enemies, and from the hand of all who hate us;
Little did we know what this verse above was truly saying. Now we will dig deeper into the Hebraic meaning of SALVATION (H3444), first we need to see what it means in Greek.
The word SALVATION in Greek (G4991) means this: deliverance, preservation, safety, salvation
- deliverance from the molestation of enemies
- in an ethical sense, that which concludes to the soul’s safety or salvation
- of Messianic salvation
- salvation as the present possession of all true Christians
- future salvation, the sum of benefits and blessings which the Christians, redeemed from all earthly ills, will enjoy after the visible return of Christ from heaven in the consummated and eternal kingdom of God.
The word SALVATION (H3444) is totally different in Hebrew … what does it mean?
Strong’s Number H3444 matches the Hebrew יְשׁוּעָה (Yĕshuw`ah), which occurs 79 times in 77 verses in the Hebrew concordance of the NASB.
Looking at the Hebrew Names Version of the Bible as I studied, these verses popped out to me.
These Scriptures below are exactly as they are written (except for those words in parenthesis).
YHWH is my strength and song, He has become my YESHU`AH (H3444): This is my Elohim, and I will praise him; My father’s God, and I will exalt him. Sh’mot 15:2
We will triumph in your YESHU`AH (H3444). In the name of our Elohim we will set up our banners: May YHWH grant all your requests. Tehillim 20:5
Brandish the spear and block those who pursue me. Tell my soul, “I am your YESHU`AH (H3444).” Tehillim 35:3
My soul shall be joyful in YHWH. It shall rejoice in his YESHU`AH (H3444). Tehillim 35:9
Oh that the YESHU
AH (H3444) of Yisra’el (Israel) would come out of Tziyon (Zion)! When Elohim brings back the captivity of his people, Then Yaakov (Jacob) shall rejoice. Yisra’el shall be glad. Tehillim 53:6
The voice of rejoicing and YESHU`AH (H3444) is in the tents of the righteous. “The right hand of YHWH does valiantly. Tehillim 118:15
YHWH has made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the eretz (earth) have seen the YESHU`AH (H3444) of our Elohim. Yesha’yahu 52:10
For Tziyon’s (Zion’s) sake will I not hold my shalom, and for Yerushalayim’s (Jerusalem’s) sake I will not rest, until her righteousness go forth as brightness, and her YESHU`AH (H3444) as a lamp that burns. Yesha’yahu 62:1
People who lived in the times of Moses and throughout most of the Prophets, those that studied Torah and the Prophetic writings (Tanakh) knew what the Messiah’s name was going to be. It was given to them many times.
Hanah, the prophetess of the tribe of Asher, knew what she was seeing when she said:
“Now you are releasing your servant, Master, According to your word, in shalom; For my eyes have seen your YESHU`AH, Which you have prepared before the face of all peoples; A light for revelation to the Goyim (gentiles), And the glory of your people Yisra’el.” Luke 2:29-32
The Hebrew word Goyim means “out of Covenant”, in Greek it means gentile.
But he (Yeshua) answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Yisra’el (Israel).” Mattityahu/Matthew 15:24
The “lost sheep” of the house of Israel in that day, as in this day, is anyone who is “out of Covenant” with Yahweh. Some who are part of the house of Israel (particularly those in the “Christian Church”) are “out of Covenant” because they are listening to the commandments and doctrines of men.
Yeshua was there in the beginning and is the Creator aspect of Elohim, just as Yochanan/John 1:1-3 says He was:
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. All things came to be through him, and without him nothing made had being. Yochanan 1:1-3
For more on Salvation Part 1 & Salvation Part 2 from WildBranch.org.
With the help of the Ruach HaKodesh, written by Bernard Yosef Honigfort
If you have questions about anything in our teachings that you are not understanding, please click here to let us know and we will respond as quickly as possible.
Newest teachings are listed first.
- Are Ewe Set Apart? How to be Holy
- HOW DO EWE TREAT OTHERS? We know several times in Scripture that women were unable to bare children but eventually Yah enabled them to conceive and have a child. All three Patriarchs had wives who faced this same situation and they stayed with their wives because they loved them. How many today will do the same thing? Even with children things do not go smoothly. Sibling rivalry is a constant throughout history, which can sometimes lead to major conflicts. Still there is hope for unity.
- THE RENEWED COVENANT A Covenant is an agreement between two parties, in this teaching the activation occurs with the drinking of the cup. Not understanding what a Covenant is, causes misunderstanding on the human part of the contract.
- חי – Life If the basis of our faith is the Torah, given to Moshe at Mount Sinai by the Word of Yah; then why do we think that Word changes? Mercy and Grace do not eliminate obedience as Y’shua himself reminds us over and over in his teaching to his disciples.
- The Tribes Of Isra’el Here is a teaching about the tribes of Isra’el and what each name means. Each time the tribes are listed in the Word of Yah, there is a message.
- TANAKH (OT) PROPHECIES FULFILLED BY Y’SHUA THE MESSIAH If you cannot tell the Good News without using the B’rit Chadashah/New Testament, by only using the Tanakh, then you do not know the Good News.
- 70 Reasons to Keep Torah This is a list of seventy verses from the B’rit Chadashah/New Testament that show that if we claim to love Y’shua, then we need to do as he and others, told us through Moshe/Moses long ago.
- A Holy Nation Is there a difference between Salvation and Forgiveness of Sin? Can a person receive Salvation but still not be doing the will of Yah?
What is Salvation? What is Repentance? What is Righteousness? What is a Gentile?
- YAH Is Salvation An in depth look at the Hebrew word for Salvation, what the word means, and who Salvation is.
- Does YHWH Ever Change? There are people who teach that Y’shua came to change what was told to Moshe. This is a study on this subject.
Also check out The Covenant – Video Teaching Series, There are videos that go with the written teachings above.
Disclaimer: This is not a site for agendas. This is a site to present material within the confines of scripture. Anything outside those confines will be screened by the Admins of this website and then it will be determined whether to have that comment posted. This in no way means that we are attacking anyone. We are basing what we believe on scripture. Some may not agree with this but that is how it needs to be. Every site has its own guidelines, even if a submitted comment is not presented on the website, it is being read by the Admins. So it is not being trashed, even if it does not appear. This is not based solely on our opinions but on guidance from the Ruach HaChodesh.